Why You Should Sign Up to Play Netball Adult Leagues
Did you know around 685,000 women play adult netball leagues every week in the UK. This number is continuing to rise as more women, particularly over the age of 40, are signing up to restart their netball journey. Here at Play Netball we encourage women of all ages and abilities to take up netball, whether that’s signing up alone or as a team. We guarantee fun, fitness and new friendships, making you wish you signed up to one of your neatest adult netball leagues sooner!
Fun, social and friendly environment
Suitable for all abilities
Quality venues; indoors & outdoors
Online Team Management
First class support
How Our Leagues Work
Here is a quick rundown of how our leagues work:
- Seasons will run between 8-14 weeks depending on the number of teams in your league. Once a season finishes, the season starts the following week. Your team will automatically be entered into the next season unless you inform us of your team’s departure.
- All our matches are 36 minutes long. Matches are split into 4x9minute quarters, with teams being given a minute break between each quarter.
- Matches will always take place on the same night at the same venue. There may be times where the regular venue is temporarily unavailable and we have to relocate but we will notify all teams in advance.
- You don’t need to provide an umpire or scorer. Unlike competitive netball leagues where it is the teams responsibility to provide an umpire and scorer, Play Netball has you covered.
- All our leagues have a league coordinator who attends matches every week. They are your point of contact on the night, so if any problems occur, please speak to the coordinator as it is their duty to make sure you have a fun night of netball.
- Most of our leagues have multiple divisions so you have the advantage of playing with other teams of similar ability. Our multiple divisions also give teams the opportunity to move up and down each season.
- We understand not everyone can make matches each week, so teams are able to help out other teams when needed. This is to help prevent team forfeits and keep everyone playing as much netball as possible. If your team needs subs one week, just leave a message on your league Facebook group to see who is available to help you out.
- Season fees for our leagues have to be paid upfront and is done via our online payment system. Teams have the option of splitting their season fee amongst each other so payment is not left to one individual.
Apart from playing weekly matches, Play Netball also run competitions and awards for teams in all our leagues throughout the year. This is a great chance for teams to win some amazing prizes. To find out what competitions and prizes we have taking place, head over to our Competition and Awards page.
To find your nearest Play Netball league, type in either your postcode or town name in the search bar, and we will list all our nearest leagues to you. P.S. You can register for more than just one league!
FIND YOUR NEAREST LEAGUE
Really fun and friendly League. Great way to not only get some fitness in, but in making really great friendships. Look forward to Thursdays so I can run the week’s frustration out and just have a good Laugh.
5 star review from Trustpilot