Why You Should Sign Up to Play Netball
Playing netball has the power to change lives. It teaches us teamwork, self-reliance, relieves stress and boosts confidence. The number of clubs and organisations running netball leagues for children is rising, and Play Netball are proud to say we are one of those organisations giving children ages 14-17 the opportunity to play netball outside of school. It doesn’t matter if your child is new to the sport or they’re looking to fit more netball in their life. Here at Play Netball we encourage all abilities to take up netball, whether that’s signing up alone or as a team. We guarantee fun, fitness and new friendships formed, making you wish you made the decision sooner!
Everyone has a role to play in ensuring that young people are safe whilst getting the most out of their netball sessions. Play Netball have developed safeguarding policies and procedures which are mandatory in all our under 18 leagues. All documents regarding our safeguarding can be found here
If you need further advice about our safeguarding policies please email [email protected]
Fun, social and friendly environment
Suitable for all abilities
Quality venues; indoors & outdoors
Online Team Management
First class support
How Our Leagues Work
Here is a quick rundown of how our leagues work:
- Seasons will run between 8-14 weeks depending on the number of teams in your league. Once a season finishes, the season starts the following week. Your team will automatically be entered into the next season unless you inform us of your team’s departure.
- All our matches are 36 minutes long. Matches are split into 4x9minute quarters, with teams being given a minute break between each quarter.
- Matches will always take place on the same night at the same venue. There may be times where the regular venue is temporarily unavailable and we have to relocate but we will notify all teams in advance.
- You don’t need to provide an umpire or scorer. Unlike competitive netball leagues where it is the teams responsibility to provide an umpire and scorer, Play Netball has you covered.
- All our leagues have a league coordinator who attends matches every week. They are your point of contact on the night, so if any problems occur, please speak to the coordinator as it is their duty to make sure you have a fun night of netball.
- Most of our leagues have multiple divisions so you have the advantage of playing with other teams of similar ability. Our multiple divisions also give teams the opportunity to move up and down each season.
- We understand not everyone can make matches each week, so teams are able to help out other teams when needed. This is to help prevent team forfeits and keep everyone playing as much netball as possible. If your team needs subs one week, just leave a message on your league Facebook group to see who is available to help you out.
- Season fees for our leagues have to be paid upfront and is done via our online payment system. Teams have the option of splitting their season fee amongst each other so payment is not left to one individual.
Apart from playing weekly matches, Play Netball also run competitions and awards for teams in all our leagues throughout the year. This is a great chance for teams to win some amazing prizes. To find out what competitions and prizes we have taking place, head over to our Competition and Awards page.
To find your nearest Play Netball league, type in either your postcode or town name in the search bar, and we will list all our nearest leagues to you. P.S. You can register for more than just one league!